The perfect place for golfers to work on their swing and improve their game
Welcome to Crondon Parks Golf Academy, the perfect place for golfers to work on their swing and improve their game. At the academy, we coach all abilities from beginners all the way up to low handicaps and professional golfers.
Our Professionals, John Bradford and Alex Milne run a growing junior section, which at this current time has 54 juniors who regularly get involved in the junior coaching classes. The junior coaching sessions are run by John on a Thursday evening at 5pm – 6pm and Saturday morning 10am – 11am. Each session is run on a 4 – week schedule, covering all areas of the golf game from golf course etiquette, course management and rules of golf.
Price for the Junior group sessions is £10 per child.
Over the summer holidays, we are running Summer Half Term Camps on a weekly basis.
– Thursday 10th August 2pm – 6pm
– Friday 18th August 12pm – 4pm
– Wednesday 23rd August 2pm – 6pm
– Thursday 31st August 2pm – 6pm
Each camp session includes Lunch & Prize, plus we aim to do holes on the Championship Main Course.
Price for the Junior Half term Camps is £40 per child.
If you would like your child to be involved, please email John Bradford on firstname.lastname@example.org
David Laffar – PGA Head Professional & Director of Golf
Whether you’re starting out, or an experienced golfer looking to improve your game I can offer one-to-one coaching providing simple solutions to move your game in the right direction. Using Trackman to measure your club delivery, using video analysis to help identify how to improve your club delivery and Arccos smart caddie for its artificial intelligence platform to help golfers of all skill levels make smarter decisions, improve faster and shoot lower scores.
- PGA Professional
- PGA Level III Coach
- Trackman University Level 2 Qualified
- True Temper Certified
- Level II SeeMore Certified Putting Instructor
- Worked with multiple touring professionals from European Tour, Ladies European Tour and European
- Successfully coached players through tour schools, order of merits and top 3 finishes
- Successfully coached players to top 15 on order of merits
- Attended multiple ladies majors as a coach
- Coached a player through the junior ranks to becoming a PGA professional
David Laffar Lesson prices
- 1 hour – £60.00
- 30 minute – £35.00
- 9 hole playing lesson – £120.00
- 6 hour pack – £300.00
Each session David utilises the Trackman 4 technology when teaching.
John Bradford – PGA Professional
John Bradford has been playing golf since the age of 13 where he first started at Gosfield Golf Club. Realising his talent for the game he moved to Braintree golf club at the age of 15 before turning professional at the age of 25 after a solid amateur career with turning professional of +4.
He has played on the Europro and Mini Tours during the 2019 season before deciding to do his PGA Degree with the intention of simplifying peoples golf games.
After being at Braintree Golf Club for 15 years John left Braintree to join the Professional Golf team at Crondon Park in March 2021.
John has been fully teaching since July 2020 and already built a client basis of around 100 golfers from Junior Golfers all the way up to Adult Golfers. Numerous amounts of clients have improved their game once they started having lessons with John.
One of his clients has dropped his handicap from 15 to scratch (0) while another has recently dropped their handicap from 24 to 11.
John’s biggest golfing philosophy is keeping the golf swing & game as simple as possible and making sure it is enjoyable for his clients at the same time.
“A golfer has to train his swing on the practice tee and then trust it on the course.” – Bob Rotella
“The most important shot in golf is the next one “– Ben Hogan
John’s achievements in Golf so far:
ACHIEVEMENTS AS AN AMATEUR
- 2 Hole in Ones
- Course record holder at Braintree Golf club with a score of 6 under par (64)
- 2 x Club champion at Braintree Golf Club
- Essex schools champion at 17
- X3 Junior Open’s winner
- Played in the Essex County team for under 18s and the colt’s/Men’s team
- Scottish Boys championship Tied 10th
- Played in numerous national/England tournaments best result was top…..
ACHIEVEMENTS AS A PROFSSIONAL
- 3 – top 5s positions on the TP Tour
- 2 – Second places on the TP Tour
- Gaining a card on the Europro and the Alps Tour
- 2nd on a PGA East Region OOM Event
- X3 PGA professional wins on the PGA east region circuit
- 1st Hole in as Professional on 15/7/23
- Finished my University PGA Foundation Degree October 2022
John’s Lesson Prices
- 1 hour – £30.00
- 30 minute – £20.00
- 9 hole playing lesson – £50.00
- Group Sessions – £10 per hour
Junior Group Coaching Sessions are on:
- Thursday evening 5pm – 6pm
- Saturday morning 10am – 11am
Each session John utilises the GCQUAD technology when teaching
- 1 hour – £50.00
- 30 minute – £35.00
- 9 hole playing lesson – £90.00
- 6 hours – £250
- Group sessions – £10 per hour
Adult group coaching sessions are:
- Tuesday Evening 7pm – 8pm
- Wednesday Evening 7pm – 8pm
- Saturday Morning 11am – 1pm
Each session John utilises the GCQUAD technology when teaching.